The global PCB market, according to ResearchAndMarkets.com's recent report, is set to reach an estimated $80.1 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 3.3% from 2018 to 2023. The future of the PCB market looks promising with opportunities in the computer/peripherals, communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, and military/aerospace industries. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing demand for PCB in the communication industry, growth in connected devices, and advancement in automotive electronics.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the PCB industry, include miniaturization of printed circuit boards, growing demand for high speed data and signal transmission, and development of green PCBs. The report forecasts that standard multilayers will remain the largest substrate type due to increasing demand in computer and communication industries. The rigid-flex substrate is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period due to growing demand for smartphone and display applications.
Within the PCB market, computers/peripherals will remain the largest end use industry during the forecast period due to increasing demand for computer systems in business, healthcare, and educational sectors. The consumer electronics segment is expected to witness the highest growth due to the increasing demand for connected devices.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market and witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing electronic content in automotive, and growth in consumer electronic devices and telecommunication products. Increasing usage of electric vehicles due to growing environmental concerns and regulations is also expected to drive the demand for PCB in this region.
Some of the features of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis Include:
- Market size estimates: Global PCB market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Global PCB market size by various applications such as end use industry, product type, laminate, and raw material in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global PCB market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions for PCB in the global PCB market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for PCB in the global PCB market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter's Five Forces model.
Click here to read the full report, "Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis".